Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cardboard Ornaments Straight from Your Kitchen! Christmas in July...

Yes, I know the title of this post is a little strange, however it is what it is. This is a really cute project I used to do with my old students in my studio and I completely forgot about it until I recently found an old cd with photos from my old art studio, and there it was, a picture of my kids holding up their easy ornaments. Now I know this may seem very "childish", however I still think its really cool, very easy and kid friendly. I also happen to really enjoy the "rustic" side of paper crafting and recycling, so I really tend to enjoy seeing anything in its "natural" state.



Alrighty then supplies needed to begin:
Dried Beans, Peas, Chic Peas, White Lima Beans ( basically any colored dried beans), rice, works well as does dried berries, salt ,pepper, oatmeal, essentially NOW IS THE TIME TO DIG THROUGH YOUR KITCHEN!
Twine
Coloring Book Pages
Glue
Feathers, Ribbon

Instructions:
1. Copy coloring book pages( animals, shapes, etc) and use those as templates.
2. Trace and cut your shapes onto cardboard and cut out.
3. Decorate with dried goods.
4. Tie a little piece of twine or ribbon to hang or add a simple little bow to your designs.

KIDS LOVE THIS! ITS SO EASY AND MAY I SAY CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

One more picture for the road- and I certainly hope you will all try this one at home- great to do with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment