Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inspiration at the Grocery Store!

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend my world. - Leo Buscaglia

I have been making a conscious effort to work outside of my studio at least 3 times a week, that way I get my daily dose of witty banter and my daily dose of sunshine or I may just wither away.

Wednesday has turned out to be a noteworthy day for me that I just had to share a bit of inspiration. I was blessed with simple pleasures of friendship and giving.


Sometimes when you least expect it inspiration knocks you down and says" HELLO?! Wake up and see what God has given us!"


 As I was sitting down on my laptop ( of course after I grabbed a latte), I ran into an old friend of mine from the neighborhood that sat and joined me for the afternoon. I just love surprises, especially when it comes in the form of an old friend.


 The floral department was getting ready to shut down close to 5pm, so the manage asks me if I would like any of the flower bouquets, she was going to throw them out! ( unthinkable to me). She gave me close to 12 bouquets, roses, sunflowers, mixed bouquets, so beautiful..(being a pathological picture taker I couldnt help but snag a bunch of photos of all my goodies).


As I was walking home I came upon a homeless woman who asked me if I could spare some change, and although I couldnt donate to her I handed her a rose... and she handed me a gift, one you cant buy but one that warmed my soul..... a smile!


Inspiration comes in all forms and today I was blessed with a gift from a stranger, a surprise friend, and a smile from a stranger, all of which has left me with a warm heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment