Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Trash to Treasure Finds..

 I just love weekends in Capitol Hill, the stuff people throw out still amazes me....For example: check out this antique desk somebody threw out this weekend. I cant wait to start working on this, I have a customer who has been searching for an old antique childs desk to add to her victorian home.....thank you lazy person in Denver!

Better yet, same alley, same dumpster, I found this gorgeous set of old antique stacking wicker baskets....I seriously start to wonder what exactly people are thinking when they leave these things behind....

My personal favorite this weekend is this solid wood bookcase left in an alley....Its a short bookcase but I of course will be shabbying and disstressing it to death...
I have secretly been itching to do a fabric and bright colored shelf for some time now using this wonderful vintage aqua fabric I snagged at a thrift shop, this will be the piece I work on next.....

I am thinking I will paint the outside of the shelf a nice tourmaline aqua color and line the back with the pretty vintage fabric. I will do an antique cream for the shelving, and hopefully it will find its way to someones home.

No comments:

Post a Comment