Friday, April 1, 2011

Not So Shabby Chairs....Dont be afraid of Color, shabby isnt always White!


When looking to update your style sometimes all you need is the perfect chair. I found these chairs as part of an old dining room set. They needed work, none of the chairs had cushions on them, and they were definitely scuffed up a bit.

I re sanded all the chairs, (2) arms and 2 straight back. I custom fit the cushions and added this pretty vintage petite roses floral fabric I had lying around. I ended up purchasing the fabric ( was an old twin flat sheet, for $1.00 at  a thrift store)
I painted the bases different colors, some blue, some white, and some a pretty vintage plum color....I enjoy painting in a shabby chic style however sometimes white is blah and you can achieve a lovely vintage feel with color, its just a matter of choosing the right color.

After: Pretty Vintage Blue

After: Pretty Antique Plum with Floral Detailing


No comments:

Post a Comment